What Happens when Non-Smokers Chew Nicotine Gum
When non-smokers chew nicotine gum, they will experience the symptoms of nicotine being introduced to their body. This is very similar to the effects felt by regular tobacco users, but there are a few exceptions given the intolerances that bodies have when first introduced to nicotine.
Depending on the dose, non-users will experience an elevation of mood followed by stimulation. The elevated mood is best described as an alert relaxation. However, people who are not accustomed to nicotine will likely become sick.
The overall negative effects for non-smokers include the following:
- General malaise
- Elevated mood
- Raised blood pressure
- Constricted blood vessels
How it affects your blood vessels
As a general rule, nicotine stimulates the body, raises the blood pressure, and acts as a vasoconstrictor. Vasoconstrictors constrict blood vessels making the heart’s job of pumping blood more difficult. Therefore, non-smokers will experience all the unhealthy effects of tobacco use when they chew nicotine gum.
As with all nicotine replacement products, there are risks and benefits involved. Please understand these before using any. It’s important to consult your doctor before taking any medication.
RECOMMENDED STOP SMOKING RESOURCES
- Nicotine Patch - Many smokers use a nicotine patch to help them to stop smoking. Their objective is to overcome the withdrawal symptoms and irresistible cravings that render so many smokers into re-offenders. Can it help you quit? See how it works today! Share and Enjoy:
- Nicotine Gum - Nicotine gum has helped millions of people quite smoking. Features include: very minor side effects, great success rate & various flavors. Share and Enjoy:
- Nicorette – The Original Quit Smoking Medication - Nicorette is the trade or brand name for a product designed to reduce the withdrawal symptoms experienced by people trying to quit smoking. It’s been a proven way of fighting the addiction that’s caused by nicotine. Share and Enjoy:
- The Nicotine Inhaler: A Smoking Cessation Product - A nicotine inhaler is another form of nicotine replacement therapy. Some people find it easier to quit smoking by continuing to get a supply of nicotine to their system. Share and Enjoy:
- Smoking Cessation: Can Electronic Cigarettes Help You Quit Smoking For Good? - The electronic cigarette is one of the latest products that are promising to help you quit. Is there any truth to these claims? Can they help you stop smoking? Learn the truth today. Share and Enjoy:
- Stop Smoking Nasal Spray - The nicotine nasal spray helps people stop smoking by providing the body with small amounts of nicotine through the lining of the nose. It works just like nicotine gum or the patch only quicker with excellent results. Share and Enjoy:
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy - Nicotine Replacement Therapy has helped many people stop smoking. Learn how it can help you quit smoking today! Share and Enjoy:
- Commit Stop Smoking Lozenges - Commit nicotine lozenges is an effective way to help people stop smoking. With several flavors and minimal side effects it’s has become the choice of many. Learn how it can help you quit today! Share and Enjoy: