What is the Great American Smoke Out and How Can It Help You Quit Smoking?
Every year people all over the world finally make the decision to quit smoking for one reason or another. Many of these people will succeed and never smoke again. However, most of the people who quit smoking are not successful. Why is that?
Reasons Why People Fail To Quit Smoking
Quitting for the wrong reasons
Not prepared to deal with their triggers
No support system in place
Underestimate the powerful withdrawal symptoms experienced with nicotine
Have no real plan of action in place to assist them with quitting
Support to Help
While many people are lucky enough to have a “buddy” that also wants to quit when they do and who can cheer them on when they are feeling weak, many people do not. Once a year however everyone is able to have a support network like no other when thousands of people decide to put down their cigarettes together. It is known as The Great American Smoke Out.
How Can It Help?
The Great American Smoke Out is always the third Thursday in November and on this day people are asked to smoke less or to not smoke at all. It is also a day when the American Cancer Society helps to promote awareness on both the dangers of tobacco use as well as provide information and resources to people who are trying to quit. The whole thought process behind the day is that if you can not smoke for one day… then why not two? Why not three?
If you have decided that you want to quit this is the perfect time to start. You might want to begin by making a list of reasons that you want to stop smoking. Once you have that, and a good plan make sure that friends and family are on board to be supportive. If you feel that you can not do it alone there are nicotine replacement products as well as medications that have shown to help people quit. Make sure you are dedicated to being successful and this will help you beat the odds and kick the habit for good.
RECOMMENDED STOP SMOKING RESOURCES
- My New Year’s Resolution: Can I Quit Smoking For Good? - New Year, old habits. Many people pick the 1st of the year to try to go out with the old and in with the new. While there is nothing wrong with choosing New Year’s to kick the habit, there are things you need to know in order to succeed. Share and Enjoy:
- Quit Smoking With The Help Of Online Support Groups - Online support groups can be a valuable resource when you are trying to quit smoking. Getting past the urges can be difficult and having someone to talk to at those times can help you be successful. Share and Enjoy:
- How to Help a Spouse Quit Smoking - Convincing a loved one to quit smoking is never an easy task. By teaching them all the negative effects of smoking you’ll be able to get them to stop for good. Learn more today! Share and Enjoy:
- Coping Skills to Quit Smoking - Before you try to quit smoking, it’s important to learn the proper copping skills. This could be the difference between success and failure. Share and Enjoy:
- Stop Smoking Self Hypnosis Scripts - One of the methods to stop smoking that exists is using hypnosis. While many people think of hypnosis as an expensive treatment with a specialist, some people can use self hypnosis scripts to stop smoking. It works by making the bran think that cigarettes aren’t needed or wanted. Share and Enjoy:
- Natural Stop Smoking Programs - Most stop smoking treatments, like nicotine gum or patches actually contain nicotine or drugs. Many times people are looking for a more natural solution to help them quit; the good news is that there is hope. Find out more today Share and Enjoy:
- Acupuncture to Quit Smoking - Acupuncture is a natural option for a smoking cessation treatment. While also used for health issues, it has been shown to help people stop smoking. Share and Enjoy:
- Is Cigarrest the Best Smoking Cessation Product Available? A Review - If you have seen an infomercial for Cigarrest and are considering giving it a try to help you quit smoking, please read this informative article first. There’s important information you need to know. Share and Enjoy:
- Herbs that Help You Quit Smoking - Are you a smoker who’s looking for a natural way to quit? A herbal remedy could be just the solution to help you stop for good. Find out more today. Share and Enjoy:
- How to Stop Smoking With Hypnotherapy - In recent years Hypnosis has become a popular all natural way to fight all addictions – including smoking. Learn how to quit smoking without using drugs of any kind. Share and Enjoy: