Quit Smoking With Prozac
Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is an antidepressant medication that’s used to help people feel better. It works by increasing the serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is the substance that controls messages that are sent by the brain to the rest of the body, like the feelings of being tired, hungry, sleepy or depressed. By controlling these messages, it can “trick” the brain into feeling happy.
How can it be used to stop smoking?
People who try to quit smoking often times have feelings of nervousness, anxiety or depression. Prozac can help with these withdrawal symptoms while the body adjusts to life without nicotine.
Beware of the Side Effects
It’s important to note that Prozac is not for everyone. There are some extremely severe side effects that need to be taken into account. These include:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Shakiness (tremor)
- Dry mouth
- Decreased sex drive
- Ejaculation problems
In addition to the above, the following should also be taken into consideration before starting this treatment.
- Results are questionable: the majority of the people who try to quit smoking using Prozac eventually start up again.
- Depression: 30% of all people who try this method experience depression, which leads to mood swings. In the worst case scenario people can become suicidal. This usually occurs during the first few months of treatment or when the dosages are dramatically changed.
- Appetite reduction: People’s appetites are affected in a negative way. Many times they lose excess weight.
Remember there is no miracle cure for smoking. Due to the overly severe side effects, it’s recommended that people use this as a last resort. Other nicotine replacement treatments like Nicorette patches or gum should be considered first. Consult your doctor before using any treatment, so he can go over all the pros and cons. Together you’ll be able to choose the best treatment for you.
RECOMMENDED Prozac SUPPLIERS
- What are the Effects of Paroxetine with Smoking? - Paroxetine, the generic term for the drug Paxil, has been available for a number of years. Originally it was developed as an anti-anxiety medicine that was used to treat depression however it has been found to help people deal with withdrawal symptoms associated to smoking cigarettes. Share and Enjoy:
- Stop Smoking Medications - There are several drugs on the market today that can effectively help anyone stop smoking. While some of these were specifically designed to help people quite, others originated as anti-depressant medications. It’s important to research all the options before taking any. Share and Enjoy:
- How Bupropion Helps People Quit Smoking - Quitting smoking can be one of the biggest challenges someone might have to face and Bupropion can help. This medication has effetely helped people stop for years. Share and Enjoy:
- Is There A Shot That Can Help Me Quit Smoking For Good? - What is the right stop smoking aid for you? If you have asked yourself this question and still have doubts, read this information on the quit smoking injection and see if it seems that it might be worth a “shot”. Share and Enjoy:
- Quitting Smoking with Chantix or Wellbutrin? Read this important information - The FDA has just released a warning concerned the use of Chantix or Wellbutrin for people who like want to quit smoking. It’s important to get the facts before using either of these medications. Learn more today. Share and Enjoy:
- How To Use Zyban To Quit Smoking - Zyban (bupropion) is an antidepressant prescription medication that comes in pill form and has been used in recent years to help people quit smoking. Learn more about it today. Share and Enjoy:
- Nicocure Patch Review - The Nicocure patch claims to help people stop smoking 97% of the time. But is that true? Read the complete review today and find out! Share and Enjoy: